Thank you for your interest in Habitat for Humanity Durham. Working with Habitat is a rewarding choice. As a volunteer or staff member you are giving to an organization that truly impacts people in a positive way. Having a career with us, allows you to grow professionally while participating in the creation of a new generation of homeowners.
ReStore Associates – Uxbridge & Oshawa (Part time) – 3 positions available
POSITION DESCRIPTION: A ReStore Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Habitat for Humanity Durham (HFHD) standards, generating sales, merchandising, safeguarding company assets, operate cash register and other office equipment. Your main goal is to be a customer service agent for our ReStore and adhere to HFHD’s health & safety policies and procedures. You are a natural leader not afraid to merchandise for the greater good!
LOCATION: Oshawa – 200 John Street West (Midtown Mall)
Uxbridge – 141 Reach Street
HOURS: Part Time – 16-20 hours per week, includes weekend
· Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer and maintaining solid product knowledge while displaying a strong understanding of the Habitat mission.
· Ensure compliance with financial reporting, including the reconciliation of the daily sales and closing out of all financial transactions.
· Ensure the understanding & adherence to all ReStore policies and procedures.
· Provide direction and support to Volunteers working in the ReStore.
· Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
· Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
· Communicate customer requests to management.
· Provide a knowledgeable and timely response to customer telephone inquiries.
· Any other tasks as assigned from time to time.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Sales and customer service experience required. Strong problem solving skills and ability to plan and prioritize. Strong interpersonal, positive attitude, team player who works with little direction. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and complete police background check. Microsoft software experience and database skills are a great asset. Previous not-for-profit work experience as definite asset.
REPORTS TO: ReStore Supervisor
WORKS WITH: ReStore Associates, Volunteers
Application Instructions – please email resume & cover to firstname.lastname@example.org
Habitat for Humanity Durham welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Truck Driver – Based in Ajax – PT –ReStore – Truck Driver-pt
Please see the positions available below.
Summer Student Positions – All locations
Thank you for your interest in Habitat. Students returning to post-secondary or secondary fulltime in fall of 2017 are encouraged to apply. We will be hiring in all locations – Uxbridge, Ajax and Oshawa. For more information you may email email@example.com 905-428-7434 x 31.
Positions available: Special Events Assistant, Program Assistant, Carpenter Assistant & ReStore Associates
- ReStore Cashier
- ReStore Warehouse
- ReStore Truck Assistant
- Salvage Crew
Committee Positions (Volunteer)
- Build Site
- Fundraising Events
Affiliate Office Positions (Volunteer)
- Data Entry
To find out more about our volunteer opportunities, contact our Volunteer Coordinator