Thank you for your interest in Habitat for Humanity Durham. Working with Habitat is a rewarding choice. As a volunteer you are giving to an organization that truly impacts people in a positive way. Having a career with us, allows you to grow professionally while participating in the creation of a new generation of homeowners.
Please see the positions available below.
FULL TIME LEAD DRIVER POSITION
|POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Lead Truck Driver is responsible for strategic and tactical direction and day-to-day oversight of the HFHD truck, pick up schedule, maintaining records and also daily maintenance of the vehicles being used. Our Truck Driver maintains a high customer service integrity always ensuring that each pickup and delivery is done with the utmost professionalism. Working with the ReStore Team and volunteers, the incumbent has direct responsibility for the successful execution of the HFHD pick up program. This position may also require work in our warehouses and assist with the operations and specifically product shifting from store to store. This person will also help with any tasks as requested by the ReStore Team.Reports to: Manager of ReStore Operations
Works with: Manager of ReStore Operations/ ReStore Administration/Scheduler, & volunteers
LOCATION: Durham Region – based in Ajax
HOURS: 40 hours per week,
· Act as a representative to all large distribution sources and maintain existing relationships with retailers such as Home Depot, Rona, Lowes, Home Hardware.
· In conjunction with ReStore Administrator review daily pickups to determine the best course of action.
· Work with volunteers on a daily basis to help them to develop skills with pickups and customer service.
· In cooperation with the ReStore Team develop a system where by all recycled materials are dealt with in a timely fashion
· Maintain any equipment that is utilized in the vehicles and ensure that any damaged items are reported immediately to be fixed.
· Ensure maintenance schedule and truck certificates are updated
· Assist in stores and warehouse as required.
· Knowledge of safe work practices including use of power tools and other equipment needed.
· Strong driving ability with exceptional customer service skills
· Previous professional driving experience an asset
· A drivers license with a clean drivers abstract
· Strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills. Excellent customer service skills, sales and good “common sense”.
· Effective time management and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated team building and coaching skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills including computer-based programs.
· Ability to lift 50lbs or more
· Knowledge of Durham Region area ability to navigate using GPS
· Having worked in a not-for-profit environment in the past is a definite asset
· Valid Ontario Driver’s License must be maintained.
· Use of own vehicle may be required.
Apply via email or fax to: Loreen Feddema, Manager Corporate Operations. email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Habitat for Humanity Durham.
Job posting start date: August 10, 2015
Job posting closing date: August 21, 2015
ReStore Positions (Volunteer)
- ReStore Cashier
- ReStore Warehouse
- ReStore Truck Assistant
- Salvage Crew
Committee Positions (Volunteer)
- Build Site
- Fundraising Events
Affiliate Office Positions (Volunteer)
- Data Entry
To find out more about our volunteer opportunities, contact our Volunteer Coordinator